Monday, July 23, 2007

Militarization

I don't know, maybe this shouldn't bother me.
Pittsburgh police Chief Nate Harper loves the sight of an honor guard.
The crisp uniforms, the patriotic flags, the precision, the pride.

But, it does bother me.

There's something about the pretense of militarization that just seems out of place in a senior civil servant.

I don't really trust cops much, especially when they think a crisp uniform is the true mark of professionalism. When image is what's important to them I start having doubts about whether or not there's any substance underneath the nonsense.

Labels: ,


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


1 Comments:

Blogger Gary Carson said...

The blogspot nutcases have blocked this blog because it has nonsensical posts and they want to make sure it's not a spam blog.

Or at least that's what they told me.

I'm just checking to see if they've blocked comments also.

The twits.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home