Thursday, August 02, 2007

Steal This Movie

Jimi Hendricks playing the Star Spangled Banner as the introductory credits roll sets the tone and the time setting of this movie.

It's the story of Abbie Hoffman. I was in the Navy during the Chicago Police Riots of 1968, and was a college student during Hoffman's trial, so I remember most of the stuff and thought I'd enjoy the movie. It was interesting, I'm not sure I really enjoyed it though.

It basically played like a badly put together documentary, not really much of a story. Before this movie my impression was that Abbie Hoffman was much more pro Abbie Hoffman than he was anti war. After watching this movie that's no longer just an impression, now I'm sure of it. I don't think that's the message that the movie maker intended to convey however.

btw, I was fairly strongly anti war then and am now. I was just never impressed by Abbie Hoffman and I'm still not.

Labels:


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home