Friday, December 14, 2007

Menu

The weather and roads finially cleared up enough for me to drive south a couple hundred miles until they got the power back on.

On the way back home I stopped at some little cafe someplace in the boondocks of Oklahoma for lunch. It was about 20 till 3 in the afternoon. They had a sign out front that said "Open 24 hours".

One thing I learned long ago that whenever you go into a strange restuarent and they ask for a drink order to just get a glass of water until you look at the menu. I hate it when I decide to walk out but have to pay for a glass of tea or something.

Anyway, I asked for water and saw two small menus on the side of the napkin holder. One was a breakfast menu -- breakfast served from 6 am thru 2:30 pm, it said.

Okay.

The other was a lunch menu -- lunch served from 11 am thru 2:30 pm. On the back of that one it had some stuff like corn dogs and pie listed.

I didn't really want a corn dog and it seemed like I was late for breakfast or lunch.

When the waitress brought my water I asked her if she had a current menu. She said, "Do you want a dinner menu?". I said, "I don't know, I just want to eat and it seems I'm too late to eat from these menus".

She walked off and returned with a sheet of paper with the heading Dinner Menu, 5pm thru 9pm NO EXCEPTIONS MADE.

She just dropped it on the table and walked off.

I left, found a Subway a few more miles down the road.

Labels:


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home