Friday, June 01, 2007

Bush and credibility

“I’m credible because I read the intelligence, David, and make it abundantly clear in plain terms that if we let up, we’ll be attacked. And I firmly believe that.”

That was the Bush response to a question about credibility in the press conference this morning.

Read that closely. He's not talking about actually being credible, he's talking about maintaining an appearance of credibility. He makes it "clear in plain terms". That's not a prescription for honesty that's a rule-of-thumb for writing an effective speech. That's not credibility, that's effective manipulation of an audience.

In his world those are the same thing.

I hate politicians.

The blog, Whatever it is, I'm against it, has good coverage of the press conference, complete with Itube links.

Labels: ,


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home