Friday, December 21, 2007

Rape laws

Since the announcement of the 16 year old Spears sister pregnancey I'd wondered what the age of consent was in Louisiana and thought it weird that non of the news reports have mentioned that.

Most of the reports I've seen put the age of the daddy at 18, but then when I saw one that said he's 19 I thought I'd look it up.

If he was 19 when the child was fathered he committed a felony, if 18 it's a misdemeanor. In either case the age of consent is 17.

Why has nobody mentioned that?


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


1 Comments:

Blogger TenMile said...

No mention appears to be related to the concensus "personalities" are outside the law - which seems to be ingrained in the American Press as well as the American Physic.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home