Monday, June 25, 2007

FBI dress code

I'm watching MSNBC and they're showing some film clips of a search warrant being executed related to the death of the pregnant girlfriend of the cop in Ohio.

Various FBI agents are shown carrying stuff out of the house.

They're wearing t-shirts. They have little FBI logos on one side of the breast area in front and in the back big letter that say FBI Search Team, or something like that. White t-shirts.

In 1968 I was in a car accident in Uvalde, Texas and didn't come to for about 4 days. Within minutes after I woke up there was a Deputy Sheriff and a Texas Ranger in my room who wanted to talk to me about whether I'd been to Mexico recently (in 1968 this was a country of laws and even Texas sheriff deputy's would not search a wrecked car for drugs without probable cause). The deputy was in uniform. The Ranger was in a western-cut business suit. I knew he was a Ranger just by looking at him, from the way he was dressed and the style of that Stetson hat. (Frankly, the idea that a Texas Ranger wanted to talk to me sacred the shit out of me).

You used to be able to pick out FBI agents from the way they dressed and the way they carried themselves. They weren't wearing a t-shirt with some kind of logo on it.

Of course back then either a degree in accounting or law was a requirement for the job. These days they hire people with criminal justice degrees.

Labels: , ,


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home