Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tattoos

I had to make a trip to the Post Office to get my mail delivery restored after being out of town a couple of weeks. A woman behind me in line had a very yuppie type of look, running shorts, ponytail, etc. She had a tattoo on each hand. Very un-yuppie-like.

When I was in Las Vegas this last couple of weeks I found a Coffee Bean across the street from the UNLV campus with free wi/fi and spent some time there. I noticed a lot of young college students covered with tattoos. I knew a lot of hippie types in college who didn't shave their legs, but can't recall any with tattoos.

I don't have a tattoo. I was in the Navy, a deck ape in the Navy, and didn't get a tattoo. My daddy had a tattoo -- a small bird on his chest. He was so ashamed of it that he wouldn't cut the grass or go to the beach or go out on the lake without wearing a t-shirt to cover it from public view.

Things sure change.

Labels:


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home