Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Dating

Teenage girls make me nervous. It was teenage girls who started the Salem witch trials, and today's society tends to give teenage girls a tremendous amount of power when it involves a strange man.

Years ago, in Corpus Christi, TX, I was dating a woman with a teenage daughter. The woman worked at a convenience store and I knew her work schedule. I'd never gone to her house when she wasn't expecting me, had never gone without calling first.

One night, when she was working, when she got home from work her daughter told her that I'd come by and knocked on the door. She knew it was me because I had a big truck (it was actually an old bread truck that had been converted into an RV) and she saw the headlights high up off the ground through the window. The daughter didn't answer the door because she was home alone.

The woman asked me why I'd gone over there when I knew she was working.

Well, I hadn't gone over there. I don't know who it was, but it wasn't me. I don't think the daughter was making the story up, but everybody seemed to be jumping to unfounded conclusions.

I stopped dating that woman immediately, and since then have pretty much tried to avoid dating women with teenage daughters.


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home