Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Nip/Tuck

I generally like TV about dysfunctional people. My favorites include The Simpsons, Married with Children, The Shield, The Office, My Name is Earl, Rescue Me, Malcolm in the Middle, Law and Order (Criminal Intent), and Monk. I guess I identify with dysfunction.

When Nip/Tuck started on FX a couple of years ago I liked it for the first few episodes. But I quickly got bored with the characters and their problems. They are certainly dysfunctional, but not in a way I can identify with, they didn't even try to be good people, just narcissistic sociopaths.

It appears that the writers have gotten bored with the characters also. The new season is centered around them all moving from Miami to Los Angeles. They've run out of stories for the characters I guess they've deiced to just focus stories on the background setting. It's certainly easier than trying to create interesting characters, but I won't be watching.

Labels:


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home