Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Riding horses

I grew up in Austin, Texas, a city boy I guess. But my daddy grew up in Alpine, Texas, ranching and cowboy country.

When I was about 6 my daddy decided it was time to teach me to ride a horse. There were some rental stables in the hills West of Austin so one Saturday he took me out to one of them and we rented a couple of horse. They were probably about 17 or so, pretty slow and plodding.

We riding along some hill country trail, going probably about as fast as those horses could go, when for some reason daddy's horse just stopped cold. On a dime. Daddy didn't stop. He went flying over the head of that horse, landing in front of us in the middle of the trail.

I thought it was part of the show. I just laughed and laughed.

Daddy embarresed easily. He never took me horseback riding again.

Labels: ,


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home