Saturday, March 01, 2008

Parking and University Athletics

Some University of North Carolina law school prof is whining about parking problems that a track meet on campus is causing him. I feel his pain.

When I was a freshman at LSU I took an engineering graphics course that meet on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday from 7:30 to 9:30. Yes, they had classes that meet at 7:30 Saturday morning. All the 7:30 classes were freshman level courses.

It was the fall semester.

One Saturday I drove to campus and parked in the student parking lot nearest the engineering school, like I did every morning. I went to class. When I got out of class my car was gone, in it's place was an NBC truck. A sign was up saying that the parking lot was closed for the day because the football game that day was being televised. The sign had been put up at 8am, 30 minutes after my class started.

They towed my car. While I was in class. To make room for NBC.

State Universities are wonderful places.

Labels:


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home