Monday, November 27, 2006

When perjury is legal

This is an interesting story. The police story makes no sense, they are obviously lying.

What kind of prosecutor brings such a case? A case clearly built on perjury from police officers. I'll give you a hint, it's not an honest prosecutor.

But this sort of thing happens all the time. The cops and prosecutors act with impunity. Nothing will happen to them. Perjury with no risk of penalty.

It's a big part of what's wrong with our criminal justice system. The system is built upon dishonesty on the part of the government.

The same thing happened to me 35 years ago. I'm still bitter about it. It was so obvious the arresting officer was lying the judge acquitted me without my lawyer even having to put on a defense. I won a settlement on the false arrest law suit. But the cop and the prosecutor didn't pay that settlement. The City of Baton Rouge did.

The lying, crooked cop eventually retired with his little pension and the prosecuter went on the try to screw the next guy.

I have no respect for any of them.


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Howard said...

You're dead on about the prosecutor being the problem in cases like these. In theory, in a well-functioning system, the prosecutor would recognize the weakness of the case and dismiss it early on. Unfortunately, at least in my neck of the woods, there are so many cases that the prosecutors rarely do so. Perhaps it's because they're just too many. Or maybe it's because they don't see vetting bad cases are part of their job. Either way, it results in the system not working.

I will, of course, take this case to my prosecutor. Keep your fingers crossed...

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home