Sunday, December 03, 2006

yahoo tv schedules

Something is just wrong with American business. It's like they have a compulsion to just screw up the simple things. Maybe they're all Republicans or something.

Yahoo is the latest addition to the "What the hell are you doing" club.

I used to use tv.yahoo.com on an almost daily basis. Certianly regularly and frequent.

It was a great little tv schedule service. It saved my zip code and the identity of my cable service and one little click told me what's on TV and what's going to be on for the next couple of hours. If I wanted to know what was going to be on later it took another click. Perfect. It told me exactly what I wanted to do with only a little hassle. They did use those damn ignorant ads that would fill up the screen if I passed my cursor over them but I quickly learned to avoid that part of the screen and would move the cursor around it rather than over it.

Then just the other day they changed it. I don't know what the hell they changed it to, but it wasn't the service I was looking for.

So I found tulsa.cox.net and it gives me everything tv.yahoo.com used to give me plus a little more. So it looks to me like yahoo not only screwed up, they did it in a way which will lose them at least some customers who will never return even if they fix the screwup.

American business has a long history of screwing up like that. I don't know what the problem is, maybe it's just what happens when MBA programs turn themselves into a cash cow rather than an educational activity.


Lifestyle and Political Blogs


1 Comments:

Blogger DMW said...

Holy Shit Gary, we agree on something. I loved the old Yahoo tv and am looking for a replacement.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home